Friday, August 10, 2012

Ohio race time! Pelotonia 2012!

So today,my family and I traveled to Columbus Ohio for a bike race called the Pelotonia! The bike race donates all of its proceeds to the research of cancer! It's one goal is to end cancer! And so the adventure begins!

This morning we woke up around 4 so we could be at the airport in Salt Lake! We flew to Minnapolis and I got to ride in first class! Way awesome! They treat you like royalty! My mom, dad, Marcus and Jess and baby cavin were shoved way in the back! I knew I was missing all the fun! After we landed we had a few hours to kill....so of course we ate and then we went to our terminal and tried to kill some time. We all sprawled out on the floor! While we were there we were able to meet some really interesting people. Then our plane was a little bit late but finally arrived and we were able to board. This time I was way in the back right along with my family. Then we arrived in Columbus! We finally made it!

Funny story! So we rented a car and the company told us it was an suv! Yeah okay...it barely fit the two bikes and all of our luggage! So once we got the baby in the car in his own seat , we had to shove in the two bikes which caused us to put down one seat....then we had to layer all the luggage and still fit in the stroller! Then we all piled in and I had to sit in the middle console and Marcus and Jess were shoved in the back! We all barely fit! We then had to drive like that all the way to the hotel! We got some weird looks! It was like a clown car! Fun times! Bruce style!

After arriving at the hotel, we walked over to the opening ceremonies. They had a band playing and a bunch of different tents! Marcus and Dad registered and it started to pour! Me and Jess and baby cavin had to run to get under a tent! Needless to say we all got soaked! We also got to eat free dinner! It was really good! They had some cancer survivors tell their stories and I was just amazed! Nothing like these stories to get us all pumped and unite us in the fight against cancer! I'm excited to be able to volunteer tomorrow and be able to help out!





No comments:

Post a Comment